cheese capture/preview size ???

hi:
1)I'm developing usb interface driver video equipment, equipment connected to the computer, the driver can be loaded, to find the normal equipment, but the cheese output "no camera found", my driver contains debugging information, I found that cheese do not open the equipment, I am prepared v4l driver is in line with the standards, software and hardware installation requirements to meet, but still can not open the equipment, other software, such as: xsane and so is the normal operation of equipment, I do not know what reason, please help me!!!

2)My video equipment to support the minimum resolution of 1024X768, the maximum resolution of 1280X1024, I would like to ask the best cheese can support the resolution is the number? If you can support a greater resolution, how to set up to support the cheese? ?

I am very worried, please help me!!!!thanks