Re: using GPU

Hello Filippo!

Everytime I put cheese to record a video, i cannot stop the capture as the program locks and do not respond to commands, but it continues to record. The only way to stop recording is to kill the process.

Do you think it might be the low capacity hardware ?

I am using cheese 2.22.3 in Debian Lenny.

Regards

Ufa

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Filippo Argiolas <filippo argiolas gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Ufa <ufa technotroll org> wrote:
> Hello
> I have a asus eeepc. When I use cheese, the processor utilization goes to
> 99%. Is there a way to send some of this load to GPU?

Hi,
Try to run gstreamer-properties, in the Video tab select "X Window
System (X11/XShm/Xv)" as Default Output Plugin.
This should send some load to your graphic card but, however, don't
expect it go lower than 65/70% given the low power cpu you have.

Regards,

Filippo Argiolas