Re: Start debugging?

2008/1/4, Robin Elmersson <robin girlplusboy com>:
> Hello.
> I just installed cheese 0.3 on my Gentoo Dell M1330.
> Problem: Nothing happens when I run it.
>
> The camera lamp blinks twice indicating something happens but then
> nothing.
> Running from the command line reveals no error messages.
>
> How do I start finding out what's wrong?

Are you absolutely sure nothing happens at all? Please try to
disconnect your camera and see if anything happens then. Also running
under gdb might reveal some useful information (install debug symbols
for cheese, run "gdb cheese" then enter "run" as soon as gdb starts
and "where" if it crashes then paste the output of "where").

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution