Re: "Tour" though Cheese

Hi Daniel (and, now, cheese list!),

Here is a new update of the manual, with a few screenshot changes. To be honest, I don't really need more than 2 screenshots, as the video mode and picture mode look the same. The current effects screenshot is more of a place holder.

I removed much of the text, as when I first wrote this, I wrote it more as a manual (which I have already done for Cheese!), and this is more of a introduction, and most people would pick up on all the extra text that I had in there. I have made it more laid back, and more involving of the reader, as well as more fun! I don't know if this way or the previous way is better. Let me know what you think.

I haven't yet put it in the file, but both of those imaged in the screenshot are creative commons, and can be found at:
http://flickr.com/photos/oneras/64038063/ and http://flickr.com/photos/mikebaird/2112205672/ (we can put in links easily when it is put on the website).

Let me know what you think. This needs to be finished as much as possible (obviously, if the effects screenshot isn't available, we will just need to put it in after GHOP) by the 4th, as that is when all GHOP tasks need to be finished by, but as I said, I am happy to work on it after GHOP (as well as other stuff that needs going, like updating the manual etc).

Thanks, Josh.

On Feb 1, 2008 9:33 AM, daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gmail com> wrote:

On Mi, 2008-01-30 at 16:37 +1100, Joshua Henderson wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I will try and make only 2 screenshots: A
> detailed screenshot of the main screen, with a few menus showing, and
> the effects menu. I will also look around for a creative commons photo
> that is able to be used on Flickr, and all that.

i dont want to limit you at 2 screenshots ;) i just wanted to show you
the idea i have.

> The effects chooser will need to be done either soon, or I will have
> to submit the old one for now, as all GHOP tasks have to be completed
> soon, and I am happy to help out with Cheese even outside of GHOP (so
> if you have anything else that needs done, especially in
> documentation, feel free to contact me), so I can just update the
> screenshot after that date, which won't be hard if everything else is
> completed.

i commited the final screenshot, but it seems that some artists want to
alter the widget again ;) so, if you could do a screenshot of that a bit
before the gnome 2.22 release, that would be awesome!

> Also, those screenshots are from the most recent official version of
> Cheese compiled from source, as for some reason, as soon as Cheese
> from SVN opens and accesses my webcam, it freezes, but the webcam
> image still updates. That happens for me on this computer, and for me
> in a Virtual Machine using Gnome Developer Kit (which I finally
> downloaded). That was around Revision 445, and there have been a
> number of revisions since then, so I will be happy to try again. If
> that doesn't work, maybe you could just take a screenshot and add it
> in, as everything else will be done!

i heard about that problem, but i cant create it here.. do you compile
cheese by yourself?

> I believe the date all GHOP tasks need to be finished by is the 4th of
> Feb, so I would like to have it completed by then.

sure ;)

ah btw: we should move our discussion to the cheese list, as jaap could
be interested too. can you send the tour you have so far to that list?

go ahead with your great work!

daniel