Re: HAL info

On Nov 15, 2007 8:03 PM, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've accidentally commited my fdi files to the wrong place. I created
> a local hal_support branch but somehow managed to put the files under
> the refactor one.
>
> Now, the refactoring branch seems unused, should I just fork trunk
> again and put my files there or should I just rename the refactoring
> branch?

Patryk,

I'm not sure if I understand how all of this would work. So I have
some questions and remarks

Can you explain how cheese would work if the fdi files would be installed?
Can we then get all the info about the cameras in that case directly from HAL?

I noticed in the usb-apple.fdi that you only list a frame rate of
30/1. That camera however returns GstFractionRange which says that it
supports a range between 1/1 2/1 3/1 etc upto 100/1

Shouldn't the fdi files you generate be part of the hal-info package
[1]. All other fdi files on my system are in that package. Furthermore
it seems to me more logical that they are part of hal-info i.s.o.
cheese because if they are part of hal-info also other programs can
use the info

Jaap

[1] http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal-info.git;a=summary