Re: California

Hi Jerry,

As it turns out, the California program is no longer being developed or maintained. The best alternative is
GNOME Calendar.

You can get an updated version of GNOME Calendar (based on GNOME version 3.26) on Ubuntu 16.04 by entering
the command:  sudo snap install gnome-calendar

GNOME Calendar will be included by default in Ubuntu 18.04  (and will be based on GNOME version 3.28).

I'm not sure if this program will fix your particular theming problem, but you can file a bug against the
program if you still encounter a similar issue.  GNOME Calendar is under regular, active development.

Kind regards,

Jim