Re: Personal Calendar Server Volunteer? (fwd)

Interesting.

Another calendar I know is the one used by members of
the Baha'i Faith.  It is a solar calendar comprised
of nineteen months with nineteen days each (361 days).
To adjust the calendar to the solar year, four Intercalary
Days are added (five in leap years) between the eighteenth
and nineteenth months.  The Bahá'í New Year, Naw-Rúz, is
astronomically fixed, commencing at the March equinox (usually
March 21st), and the Bahá'í era commences with the year of
the Báb's Declaration (i.e. 1844 A.D.).  Also, in this system,
there another interesting difference.  Specifically, the new
day begins at sunset, not at midnight.  Lastly, the are four
or five "intercalary days" (five on leap years) which round
out the year to 365.

Cheers,
	Miles