Cleanup for 1.0.50

All:

In light of the current push to get stable versions of the various
GNOME components for a 1.0.50 (1.2? I'm still not sure which is the
correct designation for the next stable GNOME release...) release,
I've temporarily stopped my attempts to add snooze functionality to
gnomecal (mentioned in an earlier message to the list).  I was
getting mysterious segfaults, so I figured it was safer to save the
diff from my working directory, check out a fresh copy of the
sources, and get back to it after the stable release.

But since I need something to divert my mind from my first few weeks
of law school, I figured I'd go through the gnome-pim bugs in the BTS
and try to fix any simple ones which were lying around and ought to
be fixed before the release.

Several notes/questions that come to mind.  Warning: many of these
are entirely unrelated to anything other than the fact that they came
up during my hacking/debugging session today:

* Someone more knowledgable than me should probably go through the
bugs and evaluate which ones need to be fixed before 1.0.50 and which
don't.  If nobody else can do it, I will, but I'm not sure I'm likely
to get those determinations correct.

* Bug #1316 contains a patch which the submitter indicates fixes the
problem (compilation on IRIX 6.x) but which does not seem to have yet
been applied to CVS.

* Is there a reason that the default button in the Event Editor is
Cancel, rather than OK?  I suspect that's at least partially to blame
for bugs like #1472.

* In trying to track down bug #1514, I found a weird oddity in
eventedit.c...  I was tracing through ee_rp_init_rule(), which
contains the following code, beginning at line 978:

	/* Default to today */

	week_vector = 1 << tm->tm_wday;
	default_day = tm->tm_mday;
	def_pos = 0;
	def_off = 0;

Now, the code itself looks fine, although something seems to be
corrupting the value of tm.  Look at the following excerpt from my
gdb session, before and after I execute line 982 (the default_day
assignment, above):

(gdb) p default_day
$18 = 0
(gdb) p tm
$19 = (struct tm *) 0x40491910
(gdb) next
982		def_pos = 0;
(gdb) p tm
$20 = (struct tm *) 0x1
(gdb)

I'm at a loss, and I'm not even sure if this has anything to do with
the reported bug, but it's driving me a bit crazy. Am I missing
something obvious?

Ok, that's all I've come across so far.  Sorry for the randomness of
this message. :)

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal		Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39@columbia.edu>		Columbia College, Class of 1999

NOTE: My address steintr@avnet.org will stop working soon... Use one
of the current alternatives listed above!