Request for comments on UI change (resend)

Gnomecal hackers:

I'm resending the following portion of a message I originally sent a
few weeks ago since I haven't received any responses and would like
to finish off and commit the patch in question.  My apologies to
those of you who read it the first time and consciously ignored it. :)

--- begin resent portion ---
The next in my series of little improvements is adding the "quick
view" windows from the monthly view to the week view.  For those not
familiar enough with the code to know what I'm talking about, I'm
referring to the windows which pop up to display the day's events
when you click on a day in the Month View.

A question, though: how should I bind it?  The current bindings are
Button 1 double-click to jump to the day in the Day View and Button 3
to show the popup menu with "New Appointment."  The obvious choice is
Button 2 (middle) but then there's a UI inconsistency between the
same functionality in the week and month views.  The consistent thing
to do would be to change the Month View binding to button 2 or
distinguish between click-and-hold button 1 and double click button 1
(which I don't know how to do in GTK+).

Suggestions?
--- end excerpt ---

-Russell
--
Russell Steinthal		Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39@columbia.edu>		Columbia College, Class of 1999