[Buoh-dev] Re: buoh hacking

Hi André,

Thanks for using buoh and for contact us. We love the idea of people
using it :)

As you can suppose, the comics for buoh are downloaded in base of the
current date, so if you try to browse the comics at 0:00 (a new day)
almost no comic has been published yet (obviously). That's the reason of
having a lot of 404s, we can not know the time at which the comic will
be published...

Going back to search the last comic published until one week, will make
a strange behavior, because the process may be long if the comic is no
longer published... By the way, we implemented that solution in an
earlier version, and we didn't like it too much... Maybe, the comic seek
can be improved to will allow us to incorporate new comics that are not
date-based but sequential (first comic: 1.jpg, but which one is the last
comic?). In that case, your solution will be good :D

If you want, you can develop this by idea by yourself and give it a try.
If you think it's good, you can send us a patch to
buoh-dev forge novell com

Anyway, we are thinking about redesigning the UI, so the users doesn't
have to browse the comics sequentially. Another solution is to make buoh
spatial, with one window for comic, and a main window to access them.
Any ideas or suggestion is welcome :)

Greetings and thanks for using Buoh!

--
Esteban Sánchez