Re: [BuildStream] Standardized tests - 2

Hi Ben,

On 03/01/2020 10:28, Benjamin Schubert wrote:
Would it make more sense for there to be a collection
point defined in testing for this instead?

I am not sure what you mean by "in testing". Do you mean by that in the
'tests' folder of the plugin?

I meant to say that the 'tests' module of buildstream can have have a module which registers plugins and
generates tests for the plugin api.

This is already the case, however, we need to know how to generate the 'repo'
for those tests, hence why we need some input from the plugins themselves.

Yes, tests of plugin implementation cannot be generated but tests of contractual api can be and the
implementation mocked out.

So would the buildstream ci
test the experimental plugins or is this the experimental plugins
testing against a pinned version of buildstream and also against master?

The BuildStream CI would test the experimental plugins against both a pinned known (last release)
version and the master

The master test would be non-fatal, the other one would be fatal.

I think that's reasonable.

--
Best Regards,
Darius