Re: [BuildStream] Dropping support for Python 3.5 in master

Hi Jürg,

Strong +1 from my side.

All of the latest Linux LTS distro versions support Python 3.6 or
later. Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and SLES 15 include Python 3.6, Debian 10
(current stable) includes Python 3.7. RHEL/CentOS 7 support Python 3.6
via SCL (no Python 3 at all in the main repository). In RHEL/CentOS 8,
Python 3.6 is the default.

Upstream end-of-life of Python 3.5 is scheduled for 2020-09-13¹.

On a related note, our sibling project BuildGrid has dropped support
for Python 3.5 already.

New features in Python 3.6 that could be useful:
* PEP 498: f-strings
* PEP 526: Type annotations for variables
* PEP 525: Asynchronous generators (and asyncio is now stable)
* PEP 519: File system path protocol

I'm especially looking forward to being able to use proper type hints
and variables, and get rid of all the `# type` comments I had to do
initially.

Cheers,
Chandan