Re: [BuildStream] Buildbox-casd logs

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 17:12:18 +0000, Benjamin Schubert wrote:
I therefore would propose to save its output to
'XDG_CONFIG_HOME/buildstream/buildbox-casd.log'. We would always append to
this file, and not erase it.

This has the potential to become large and surprising to users.  Given it
is not configuration nor valuable except in the case of diagnosis, I'd
argue that it more properly belongs in $XDG_CACHE_HOME/buildstream
somewhere.

Also, I'd be tempted to rotate that log somehow, but I appreciate that
might be out of scope for bst itself.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                          https://www.codethink.co.uk/
Solutions Architect               GPG 4096/R Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69