Re: [BuildStream] Proposal: Decouple source tracking and building

Hi Chandan,

On Fri, 2019-10-18 at 18:16 +0100, Chandan Singh wrote:
A possible middle ground could be a `bst-track-build` script in
contrib (or a track-build` command in bst itself) that would
provide the convenience of a single command for common cases
without imposing complexity in the main codebase. That's assuming
the loss of parallelism is not a significant concern.

Jürg, I am not stricly against this idea. But, I think we should only
do this if there is real demand for it, and not in anticipation. If
this script is going to literally run `bst source track` followed by
`bst build`, I'm not sure if that's really worth creating a wrapper
script.

I agree. We shouldn't add it if nobody shows interest.

Cheers,
Jürg