Re: [BuildStream] Plans for workspaces and incremental builds

On 2019-10-02 12:13, Darius Makovsky wrote:
Recently I've been thinking about workspaces and how they currently work
versus how they should work in the future. One of the main goals is to
facilitate
remote execution (RE) builds of workspaced sources in addition to
local build support.
I've had some initial thoughts about this.
[…]

As a follow-up to this, some things that will need to be considered:
* How will this plan for incremental builds affect running files?
* The possibility of conflicts when applying the delta to the previous build tree. In this case I expect to force the delta such that it is functionally equivalent to a manual file change. * The distinction of files in the cache with different attributes. This will be supported by the addition of attributes to file nodes in the remote-api[1] but will require support in buildbox-casd. This may need to be added to the buildstream implementation of the local cache.

[1]https://github.com/bazelbuild/remote-apis/issues/90

best regards,
Darius