Re: [BuildStream] [Development topic] Use black to format code

On 05/11/2019 14:07, Darius Makovsky via buildstream-list wrote:

I'm opposed to blanket format commits: I don't know anyone who reads
them and we're entirely relying on a tool for that. I suggest if it's
going to replace pycodestyle then it should be part of the pipeline
for MRs and it could also be a pre-commit hook.

Sorry, to clarify, I'm suggesting if an MR contains source which would
be changed by running black then the check should fail. This would
assert that formatting is being performed on the code in the MR.

--
Best Regards,
Darius

For Codethink's privacy-policy please see
https://www.codethink.co.uk/privacy.html