Re: [BuildStream] Call for agenda - monthly irc team meeting - Tuesday 19 March

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 1:51 AM Tristan Van Berkom via buildstream-list <buildstream-list gnome org> wrote:
Description in detail
A lot of people within the GNOME and Flatpak communities have become interested in BuildStream, I expect that we would get people to attend our hackfests more (and increase/balance our contributor base as a result) if we could just settle on a venue and announce them a few months in advance so that people would have a chance to attend.

We should not consider hackfests as a private/internal affair, hobbyists and others could very well attend (possibly we could also tap GNOME foundation travel budgets for enthusiasts which cannot afford to come on their own, I can look into this as well).

I agree! I was contacted recently by Oliver from the GNOME Engagement team who was interested in there being a BuildStream hackfest. I'm not sure he was aware that there had already been two such events, perhaps because they're not listed in https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/

Sam