Re: [BuildStream] Specifying default dependencies for element kinds

On Thu, 2019-06-13 at 11:38 +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
While this may be true, I can see the gcc.bst explicitly override the
build-depends in that case, using the list overwrite operator.  I think it
is ok for exceptions to see special treatment and syntactic sugar, that way
the common case can remain free of that.

Yes, definitely. The point of my example was just to demonstrate that
we should support a mechanism for elements to overwrite the list.
However, it's perfectly fine to require an explicit operator or similar
for this as this should be the less common case.

Cheers,
Jürg