Re: [BuildStream] Responsive, but not overly verbose UX - not-in-scheduler

On 2019-06-07 18:46, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Fri, 2019-06-07 at 18:04 +0100, Jonathan Maw wrote:
Hi Tristan,

(comments inline)

Umm I think you misunderstood something here, before I go on with the
rest of this message I want to check that it is not based on a false
assumption.

Let me clarify:

   The frontend and it's interaction with Stream() shell *never* be
   changed by a process separation of the internal scheduling process.

   All of this process separation shall be made completely transparent
   to the code in `_frontend/`, which only talks to Stream().

   Stream() decides how to carry out it's work, if Stream() decides to
   run the scheduler in a subprocess, that is it's business, but the
   code in `_frontend/` shall continue to just treat Stream as it would
   any other library, and receive callbacks in it's own process.

Does this change anything for you ?

Hi Tristan,

This clarification lines up with my understanding of what to do, but I'm glad to have it spelled out explicitly.

Thanks,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Maw, Software Engineer, Codethink Ltd.
Codethink privacy policy: https://www.codethink.co.uk/privacy.html