Re: [BuildStream] Profiling before the gathering - PLEASE PARTICIPATE

On 2019-01-18 18:03, Daniel Silverstone via BuildStream-list wrote:
<snip>
Let's run a build of that element, this is against an empty artifact cache
if you've followed the above instructions, so it should have to build
everything.
The build operations are imports so it should be pretty cheap to do...

    $ bst build base-files/base-files.bst

<snip>

Hi,

As a warning to anyone else who's running this profiling with WSL, when I started this stage with an NTFS filesystem, I kept getting errors that turned out to be because I was hitting NTFS' inode limit.

If you have an external ext4 filesystem at hand, you can mount it in windows using ext2fsd (https://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsd/), mount it in WSL with `mount -t drvfs F: /mnt/f`, and the build should work if you run buildstream as root (part of either ext2fsd or WSL meant that the ownership of files on the external volume was stuck as root for me, and buildstream fails if it can't change files' permissions).

Best regards,

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Maw, Software Engineer, Codethink Ltd.
Codethink privacy policy: https://www.codethink.co.uk/privacy.html