Re: [BuildStream] Call for agenda - monthly irc team meeting - Tuesday 19 Feb

On Mon, 2019-02-11 at 17:22 +0000, Laurence Urhegyi via BuildStream-
list wrote:

Do you have anything to add?

I'd like to discuss optimizing the developer feedback loop.

  * Can we retire buildstream-notifications-list@ ?

    I am receiving hundreds and hundreds of bounces from
    this list, which is quite pointless as it is equally
    unfiltered as a gitlab project level "watch"

  * As I raised here:
    https://mail.gnome.org/archives/buildstream-list/2018-December/msg00081.html

    I don't believe that it is reasonable to ask developers to
    use
gitlab's "Watch" notifications feature, because it sends
    way too
many emails (is this still true today ? can we start
    by having all
developers set their notifications to "Watch" ?).

    Developers frankly do not have the opportunity to become proactive
    if they are not included in the feedback loop, which is an
    unhealthy situation I think it is important to rectify.

    Angelos has some approaches with RSS but I doubt everyone uses
    RSS readers.