Re: [BuildStream] Cache key instability

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 12:21:11 +0100, Jürg Billeter wrote:
On Thu, 2019-02-14 at 11:09 +0000, Daniel Silverstone via BuildStream-list wrote:
I propose that we rev the cache key version, and switch from pickling to JSON
(though I'd entertain a ruamel dump too if that's quick enough) and am seeking
support for this.  Indeed I intend to file an MR when I have written and tested
a change to use the built-in JSON implementation providing it isn't a
*significant* performance impact short-term to do so.

Makes sense to me. Please note that I'm planning to merge !1140
relatively soon, which also revs the artifact version. It would be nice
to merge the JSON MR soon after to avoid imposing too frequent rebuilds
for users tracking master.

I'm just testing the JSON change now.  If you agree, we may as well integrate the
JSON switch commits into your MR too, rather than revving it twice in quick
succession.

Your choice, of course.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                          https://www.codethink.co.uk/
Solutions Architect               GPG 4096/R Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69