Re: [BuildStream] [Proposal] Plugin fragmentation / Treating Plugins as Sources

I am assuming that we, or rather bst, manages the venv's.  There seem to be enough options to ensure we run with the same Python as bst itself.

Cheers,

Sander

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019, 19:29 Mathieu Bridon via buildstream-list <buildstream-list gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, 2019-04-14 at 19:38 +0900, Tristan Van Berkom via buildstream-
list wrote:
> If we can get some prototype which demonstrates the base concept of:
>
>   * Installing two separate venvs with different dependency versions
>   * Running an interpretor which loads a plugin in both separate
>     venvs

BuildStream will usually run from the system Python, or from its own
venv. The venvs for each plugin have their own Python interpreter.

Do you plan to change plugins so that each is its own process? (a given
Python running the plugin)

Otherwise, how will BuildStream running from a certain Python load
plugins from venvs which might have been built for different Pythons?

--
Mathieu