Re: [BuildStream] Create new containers-related and Python-related plugins repos

What alternative do you have in mind?

Plugins that help with building and packaging python projects seems like a good collection based on use.

Cheers,

Sander

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018, 12:54 Agustín Benito Bethencourt via BuildStream-list <buildstream-list gnome org> wrote:
Hi Chiara,

On Thursday, 25 October 2018 15:00:49 CET Chiara Tolentino via BuildStream-list wrote:
> Proposal: Domain-specific repositories for container-related and
> Python-related plugins
> =======================================================================================
>
> As discussed during the recent BuildStream Gathering, ideally
> BuildStream core should remain small and 'general purpose' without
> turning bst-external into a dumping ground/kitchen sink. The proposed
> solution was to move domain-specific plugins out of core and/or
> bst-external and keep them in separate repositories, each with their
> own maintainer. These repositories would then have a clearer purpose
> and the maintainer would be responsible for ensuring the stability and
> reliability of these plugins.
>
> Following this, I'd like to propose two new domain-specific
> repositories: one for container-related plugins and another for
> Python-related plugins.

Have you thought about a structure based on what the plugins are for instead of based in the technology?  Wouldn't it more comprehensive for more people?

Best Regards

--
Agustín Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant