Windows, OS X

Hi,

First let me reiterate the goals of the proposal for Remote Execution (https://mail.gnome.org/archives/buildstream-list/2018-April/msg00006.html):

> Remote execution enables BuildStream to run build jobs in a distributed network instead of on the local machine. This allows massive speedups when a powerful cluster of servers is available.
>
> Besides speeding up builds, a goal is also to allow running builds on workers that use a different execution environment, e.g., a different operating system or ISA.
>
> The goal is not to offload a complete BuildStream session to a remote system. BuildStream will still run locally and dispatch individual build jobs for elements with the existing pipeline.

Even when the target platform is Linux, there is a large set of developers on either OS X or Windows [laptops].   As we are considering different execution environments on workers, we can also start considering supporting BuildStream natively in these environments.
Assuming the scope to be limited to remote execution only for now, then I think we should aim to support OS X and Windows, but limited to Windows + WSL (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/about).
Once the remote execution sandbox backend is in place, I think the complexity will not be too bad.  But curious to here of any pitfalls.

I'll file an enhancement issue separately, one for Windows + WSL and one for OS X.

Cheers,

Sander

Sander