Re: [Add Gitlab features to BuildStream 02/04]: Labels

Hi,

<snip>

Once the proposal has been implemented, we have come to the following
discrepancy:

When looking at the Bugs - Severity board...

Link: https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/boards/580462?
=&label_name[]=Bug

you can see that most bugs does not have any severity label or are labeled
as Critical.

The new policy provide a different meaning to Critical since now it is
focused on the severity for developers while

In terms of severity, the goal of the label Critical now is that the ticket/
bug is something all developers should be paying attention to, modifying
their current agendas. Before the concept was more focused on the impact on
users of the bug/task.

The current proposal do not provide any accommodation  to that previous
meaning, which seems relevant to keep, based on the discussions I've had
with Tristan once the proposal has been implemented.

So I propose to create a new scale called Impact. This is a scale that mix
impact and frequency of a bug as starting point. In the future, if there is
need, we can decouple these two concepts.

For simplicity, this scale has two levels:
* High: the crash is frequent and has a significant impact on the users
everyday work.  Label: high_impact
* Low: the crash is infrequent or hard to reproduce and the impact on the
users is low or hard to determine. Label: no label.

The label "high_impact" has now been assigned to the bugs that before were
labeled as Critical.

Best Regards

--
Agustín Benito Bethencourt