Re: BuildStream Twitter account

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 2:07 PM Agustín Benito Bethencourt <agustin benito codethink co uk> wrote:
Hi,

On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 13:57:10 CEST Sander Striker wrote:
> Not a fan of the _prj.
>
> How about reserving the bst.build domain and also securing the @bst.build
> Twitter account?

* We cannot include a dot in the user name. Please check: https://
help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/twitter-username-rules

Then lets leave out the dot.

There is some precedence here:
@bazelbuild, @pantsbuild

* bst is only relevant to us, developers/contributors. The Twitter audience
goes beyond ourselves.

Right, having the build part doesn't hurt in that respect.  It's certainly not worse
than prj.

* Having the word buildstream in the user name significantly helps when
searching for the account. I would use the word in the domain too.

Searching is all about relevance.  If bst.build and @bstbuild are sufficiently linked
together BuildStream will pop up and vice versa.

Also note that buildstream is only relevant to us, developers/contributors as long
as the buildstream brand is no well known.

* build is a very generic word which plays against us when searching or
identifying categories, for instance.

I'm not so sure of that.

I am assuming we will use the hashtag #buildstream

I think that is totally fine.  And given we will be using the hashtag as well, "buildstream"
is already well represented.

Cheers,

Sander