Re: Proposal for Remote Execution

On Thu, 2018-06-14 at 14:51 +0200, Sander Striker wrote:

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 2:34 PM Jim MacArthur
<jim macarthur codethink co uk> wrote:
If so, do we run this for all commands (e.g. configure-commands as
well as build-commands)?

For now, yes.  We might end up specializing and sending all commands
as a single batch command.
We should revisit this after we have it working.

Yes, we most likely want to optimize this using batching but we don't
need it for initial testing.

and would it make sense for the client-side remote
execution work to be a variant of the existing Sandbox class?

That was my understanding of where this was going.  Deferring to
Juerg to be sure :).

Yes, that matches what I had in mind.

Jürg