Re: Fixing and communicating the buildstream-docker-images repository structure

Hi all,

I think this will be a good improvement over what we currently have and should
help in reducing confusions regarding which image should a user choose.

I have created https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream-docker-images/issues/8
to track the progress of this issue as this might take a while to fully
sort this out. As a first step towards fixing the structure of our Docker
images, I have created a WIP merge request
https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream-docker-images/issues/8 to move
testsuite images into a separate namespace.

Once this is reviewed and landed, the old images will become unsupported and
will not be updated. It is my understanding that the teststuite _should_ be
used only by the buildstream/buildstream repository. If that's the case then
it should be fairly trivial to update it. But, is anyone aware if these images
are being used in any other place that might break?

The images currently in scope are:

- testsuite/fedora-27 (new)
- testsuite/debian-9 (previously used as "buildstream-debian")

As the former is a new image, I don't expect it to cause any issues but I'd
be interested to know if anyone is aware of the usage of the latter outside
buildstream/buildstream repository.

Also, if you have any feedback/suggestions about how to proceed on this issue,
please feel free to contact me directly, on the mailing list or via
GitLab issues, as you prefer.

Thanks,
Chandan

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 4:43 PM Tristan Maat