Stable bst-1.2 branch created early, master is now open for 1.3 material

Hi all,

For those of you who did not attend the BoFs at GUADEC and are not yet
in the loop, we have decided to branch early in this cycle due to the
immense feature branches which will not have time to stabilize before
the 1.2 release.

We have hand picked a few of the most ready feature branches which we
also judge will be most important to support for our users in the 1.2
cycle, and we will be encouraging users to use stable 1.2.x in this
cycle, giving us a bit more room to maneuver in this cycle than the
last one.

For those of you who are working on feature branches at this time, it
is now safe to land branches on master, given of course that they have
passed sufficient peer review as outlined in my email earlier this
week[0].

Further, bug fixes which land in master should also be applied to the
bst-1.2 branch, as will be the case for the duration of the cycle.

Since we currently only support latest stable, the stable bst-1.0
branch can now be considered closed.

Happy Hacking !

[0]: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/buildstream-list/2018-July/msg00017.html