GUADEC Topics 1: Release schedule.

Hi,

I would like to to use these days prior to GUADEC to prepare our f2f meetings by proposing and discussing those topics we need to sort out during the event.

I would start with the first one: BuildStream 1.2 Release schedule.

As you all know, we will follow for this release the Release schedule[1]which means, if I interpret correctly, the following>

* 30th July: UI freeze (RD-37)

* 13th August: String Freeze. Beta tarballs available. (RD-23)

* 15th August: Beta release (RD-21)

* 27th August: Overall Freeze. RC tarball available(RD-9)

* 29th August: RC release (RD-7=RC)

* 3rd September: stable release tarballs available (RD-2=Gold Master)

* 5th September: Stable release day (RD)

The above schedule give us 20 natural days after GUADEC before we get into the release stage.

Discussion points:

* Which goals do we have for this release. Is it getting more users as staring point for getting more contributors? Is it maturing the tool by increasing stability? Is it to start the creation of a robust delivery processes so we can learn for future releases?

* Which features under development we need to prioritize. Is there any "must have" we haven't started yet?

* What does the above schedule means for BuildStream in terms of the current tasks we are executing.

* What information do we need to provide GNOME teams that participates in release tasks in order to have BuildStream included in GNOME release.

* What process do we want to consider our "release process". Which delivery tasks are we going to perform.

* How BuildStream release will affect our current users and how they can participate in this process to ensure it is a success.

* How are we going to support GNOME release?

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointTwentynine

Best Regards

--

Agustín Benito Bethencourt