Re: Profiling and optimisation of BuildStream

On 22/12/17 20:07, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Looking at this, it looks like the beginnings of a roadmap for a
project regarding optimization, this can be a good thing so long as a
team is working on this, and an individual is going to be responsible
for maintaining the roadmap throughout; the page can live somewhere
forever for posterity - and I would recommend keeping the details in
the bug reports and link out to those reports as much as possible from
the roadmap (creating bug reports for work items where necessary);
while keeping track of the overall progress of this project on the wiki
page.

I would then recommend that we restructure the wiki so that our old
roadmap (mostly complete) becomes a `Initial2017/` subdir of
`/Roadmaps/`, and that we add the above page as `Performance2018/`
beside that.

That sounds good to me. I'm pretty sure there will be a team of some sort focused on performance for a lot of 2018; and yes, once there isn't a focused effort the wiki page would become stale quickly.

Sam

--
Sam Thursfield, Codethink Ltd.
Office telephone: +44 161 236 5575