[BuildStream] BuildStream Gathering, Build Meetup before FOSDEM

Hello,

As you may already be aware, FOSDEM is planned to take place on Feb 2-3.
Some of us were planning to have a BuildStream Gathering in London prior to
FOSDEM. In the past, it has usually worked out quite well to have such an event
a few days before a major conference. Keeping that in mind, we believe it might
be best to have the event on Jan 29-30.

For Jan 31, we are planning to host a Build Meetup, where we welcome
individuals from the BuildStream, Bazel and Remote Execution space to share
experiences and ideas. It will be an excellent opportunity for broader
community collaboration and discussion.

Here are some more details about both these events.

Dates
=====

* BuildStream Gathering
  - Start: Tuesday, January 29
  - End: Wednesday, January 30

* Build Meetup
  - Start/End: Thursday, January 31

Venue
=====

Bloomberg LP,
3 Queen Victoria Street,
London EC4A 4TQ

Agenda
======

The agenda for neither event is finalized yet, so stay tuned for updates
regarding that. The rough plan for both events is listed below.

For BuildStream Gathering, it will be a mix of coordination sessions,
presentations, lightning talks etc with ample time for hacking on BuildStream.

For Build Meetup, we expect to have a few on-topic introductory presentations,
followed by lots of coding (hopefully in groups). Following the positive
feedback we received with respect to our event post-BazelCon [1], we are using
a similar format for the Build Meetup. So, the day will be more free-form in
order to allow time for discussions and collaborations.

Signup
======

We have limited spaces and pre-registration is required, so please signup
using the following links if you plan on attending.

BuildStream Gathering:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/BuildStream/Events/Gathering-201901

Build Meetup: https://go.bloomberg.com/attend/invite/build-meetup-2019/

Note that you must use your real name for registration.

---

If you plan on attending FOSDEM (and even if you're not attending this year),
consider adding a stop-over in London for a few days, and join us in improving
everyone's build experience.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Cheers,
Chandan

[1]: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/bazel-hackathon-2018/