Re: [BuildStream] bst CLI design and consistency (UX)

On Tue, 2018-12-18 at 12:17 +0000, Chandan Singh wrote:
Hi all,

To summarize the actions based on this thread, I have created #819
[1]. I am listing the actions here as well for people who are
interested in a summary of changes:

* Add `--fetch`/`--no-fetch` as top-level options, with support for
user config, and remove similar options from existing commands.

* Add `--fetch-junctions`/`--no-fetch-junctions` as top-level options,
with support for user config.

I'm wondering whether `--fetch-subprojects` would be a better name for
this option. Technically, we fetch the sources of junctions, which are
(sub)projects.

* Add `--pull`/`--no-pull` as top-level options, with support for user
config, and remove similar options from existing commands.

* Add `--no-pull-buildtree` as top-level option (`--pull-buildtree`
already exists), with support for user config.

If something doesn't seem right, please let us know by replying to
this email, or by commenting on the GitLab issue.

Looks fine to me overall. Thanks for the summary.

Jürg