First stable release and feature window closing

Hi all,

This is just a note that we will be closing the feature window on our
initial 1.0 release, which does not have an exact date but has a few
blockers.

This means that we may make some exceptions to add new features if they
are very minor and the bigger things have not landed yet, but we will
not be landing any large features before 1.0.

Except:

   o The replacement for variants I recently discussed on this
     mailing list

   o The loading of external plugins

   o Migration of some of buildstreams plugins into an external
     package, avoiding buildstream's main plugin repository getting
     too big (and being the only venue for sharing plugins).

   o The cross platform branch which is currently almost ready to land
     now anyway

That's about it.

I expect the first release to land very soon (most probably within a
month), at which time we'll be looking into implementing a 6 month
release schedule on a clock.