Re: Recursive pipelines and subprojects

On Wed, 2017-11-29 at 09:57 +0000, Jürg Billeter wrote:
On Tue, 2017-11-14 at 16:24 +0100, Jürg Billeter wrote:
It's currently implemented as an additional attribute for
dependencies.

    depends:
    - filename: junction-foo.bst
      element: subproject-element.bst

This additional attribute is required for junction dependencies and
disallowed for all other dependencies.

The above syntax with 'filename' and 'element' keys might actually be a
bit confusing. A small change could make it more intuitive:

      depends:
      - junction: junction-foo.bst
        filename: subproject-element.bst

I.e., instead of using the existing 'filename' key to specify the
junction and adding an 'element' key for the element name within the
subproject, we could use the existing 'filename' key to specify the
element name within the subproject and add a 'junction' key to specify
the junction.

Any opinions?

At first sight this looks like it's *also* confusing because the
filename we already use usually refers to a file in the local project.

But on the other hand, the dependency is not really "I depend on this
junction" but rather "I depend on this filename which resides in the
project which this junction connects to", so it seems sane to me.

I would say yeah, lets go with your proposed change.