Re: Monthly IRC team meeting, 14 November 2017

On Wed, 2017-11-08 at 11:14 +0100, Jürg Billeter wrote:
Hi all,

The next meeting is planned for Tuesday, 14 November, 14:00 UTC
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20171114T14

It will take place on IRC in #buildstream-meetings

Current agenda from the wiki¹

  o Features to land early in the next cycle
  o Any other business

Does anyone have other points to add to the agenda?

I've just added:

  o Feature acceptance policy

    Earlier on in BuildStream's development stages it was necessary and
    appropriate to land branches which incurred some side effects with
    other plans to fix things along the way, but at this stage this no
    longer makes sense - we need a stronger policy for ensuring that
    new features handle their edge cases and fail gracefully, have
    regression tests in place for this, and dont incur technical debt
    when initially landing in the master branch.

It looks like the 1.1.x development cycle is going to be crowded and
fast moving again, lets just discuss this briefly and make sure we're
on the same page, and that expectations are well managed.