Strategy for running BuildStream on RHEL 7.x?

All,

The upcoming RHEL 7.4 is expected to introduce official flatpak support.  The latest public beta for 7.4 has OSTree 2017.5-3 and flatpak 0.8.5-2.  Yet, I believe that it is missing bubblewrap.

Additionally, Python 3 is not distributed as part of RHEL proper - yet, it is part of Software Collections via rh-python35 (or rh-python34):

https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/rh-python35/

pygobject isn't included in rh-python35.  When trying to build that via pip on RHEL 7.4 with rh-python35, it leads to basically needing the full GNOME stack locally....which, if I had BuildStream, might be a tractable problem, but...well, turtles.

Thoughts?  Could we perhaps leverage Flatpak/OSTree itself to distribute a version of BuildStream that would work on RHEL 7?  Or, do we have to treat RHEL 7 as an ancient Linux distro that doesn't support bubblewrap and sandboxing?  I'd hate to miss out on the OSTree advantages there.  Or??

I'm open to creative ideas...

Cheers.  -- justin