Buildj + Quickly Vala template == Love :)

Hey all,

I hate build systems at the moment so I talked with Alberto over the
week and I was saying I want to use buildj for my Quickly Vala template.
So im going to share my ideal building situation for users.

Oh and I should say what Quickly is first. Quickly is simply a system to
make development more automated. You have a template and a set of
commands to use. So quickly create <project name> creates the project,
quickly package, packages the project, quickly share pushes it to a ppa
on launchpad and so on. The idea is to keep config from the user to a
minimum so the user just has to focus on development.

The main thing is that we have a fully automated process in place for
the user.

So for that we need depends detection a la python-distutils-extra (ill
try to get this working on my end for ubuntu's 11.04 release)

1 config file that takes in the needed info for the packaging and
building.
 * author (+email too for packaging), app name, description, URL
  * version numbers in quickly are bumped automatically so that isnt
needed in the 1 file.
  * where the files are should be static bin files in /bin lib files
in /project_name and data like .ui files and images in /data (in
subfolders /ui and /media)

So the idea is to keep it to a very simple config and make everything as
automated as possible. So the user says quickly package and buildj kicks
in and works out all of the hard building related stuff like where all
the pieces are and ill work out the debian directory stuff and the files
needed to create a package.

So to make it easy for buildj to do its job ill be making a standard
layout of a quickly project for the users to stick to. So buildj will
just have to scan those directories and check for the files.

gettext support should be automated too but id need someone who is an
expert to look at it.

Ok so thats my ideas if it makes sense and we can do it awesome. Its all
up for discussion anyway and hopefully you guys can add to it.

--fagan