Re: [Builder] Regarding Outreachy Application.

On 03/27/2017 02:35 PM, pratyusha musunuru wrote:
1) Would the tests for the project be automated or will the user be
designing test cases on his own?

This stage of the project is just to integrate with unit tests defined
in the project's build system. (Simplifying the creation of new tests
will be a future project).

2) A result panel with unit test results displaying the ones failed,
will be added to the already existing ones like terminal, system monitor
and todo?

Yes, my initial thought is another panel on the left with a list of
tests and a simple indicator of their success. Clicking on failed tests
should show the log up to the failure.

We might want to add a button to the header-bar that runs the unit tests
(and also a keyboard accelerator).

We will need to extend IdeBuildTarget to include a new property:
IdeBuildTargetType. That will indicate a unit test instead of just an
installed program.

API is needed in IdeBuildSystem to prepare an IdeRunner to execute the
unit test. This is required because build systems don't typically
install unit tests, so only they know how to properly execute them.

Once the debugger lands, I'd like to be able to run the test under a
debugger, but again, future project.

-- Christian