Re: [Builder] Unable to build project

On 04/24/2017 08:28 PM, Hariharan Rangasamy wrote:
Now i have builder installed and i'm able to clone a repo with the
given url but, it says flatpack builder is needed to build the
project, do you want to install? if i click on install button nothing
happens.

As you can imagine, supporting 100% of distributions can be quite a huge
amount of effort. So our "install flatpak-builder" code currently uses
"pkcon" to install flatpak-builder.

Double check that your distribution supports that. If not, just try
installing flatpak-builder through whatever mechanism your distribution
supports.

I tried to find where the builder is installed to remove it manually
and reinstall but i'm unable to find the location where it is
installed.

If you installed with "flatpak --user", then it is in

  ~/.local/share/flatpak

If you installed without --user, it is in

  /var/lib/flatpak

flatpak install --from
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-apps-nightly/plain/gnome-builder.flatpakref

but it says builder is already installed.

Can someone help me how to fix this issue? or will removing the
builder completely and reinstalling fix my problem?

If that is the case, you should be able to do something like this for
the stable branch.

  flatpak update org.gnome.Builder//stable

or something like this for the nightly branch.

  flatpak update org.gnome.Builder//master

Hope that helps,

-- Christian