Re: [Builder] For requesting guidance

On 07/05/2016 03:22 AM, Divyanshu Vishwakarma wrote:
Dear Sir/Ma'am, I am Divyanshu Vishwakarma from India. I know C. I am
also a beginner in python and can switch to it as the project demands. I
am eager to learn more along with the project. I am new to Open Source
Development .I found out that gnome-builder project matches my skills
and I want to contribute in its development. Please guide me how to
start working. Thank You

It sounds like a few people on IRC mentioned some things to get started.

The good news is that most of Builder is in C, so you'll not have too
much to learn in terms of foreign language.

The meat of Builder is in the libide directory, which are our core
internfaces and abstractions that plugins can use to provide additional
features.

As mentioned, I've started adding OVERVIEW.md documents to various
subsystems in libide. If you happen to dive into some code and can help
by describing the components in missing OVERVIEW.md documents, that
might be a great way to learn the code-base and have us double-check
that your interpretation is correct.

We also have some larger plumbing projects that need implementing, and
once you are comfortable with how libide is laid out, might be fun.

One thing I'd like to see soon, for example, is "snapshot" support for
projects. This will touch the Version Control abstractions (IdeVcs*) as
well as the gtk+ UI to create a snapshot and possibly rollback.

-- Christian