Re: [Builder] Interest in contribution open source

Hi!

On 02/19/2016 05:01 AM, Amate Yolande wrote:
I have successfully compiled and installed Coala and GNOME Builder on
Fedora 23. I am presently studying their code bases and looking
forward to working on some starting issues (Coala and GNOME Builder),
and I would be glad to get some pointer to some issues that would give
me better understanding  of the above mentioned project.

I haven't put any projects up for GSoC because there is a bunch to do
and I want to see self-starters make suggestions. We have a huge list of
desired features on the wiki. Some will require more work than others,
and some will require plumbing to be in place beforehand (which is a
great thing to work on now to show you're capable of completing the work).

While Coala is a very interesting project, it is not very high on the
priority list for Builder in 3.22. We have far more basic things that
need to be done to make Builder useful. I would very much like to see
something done that could land in 3.22.

Here is some stuff we are planning on for 3.22

  https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Builder/Roadmap

I'm not sure how many GSoC students we can take on (possibly a couple?),
and there is a lot of interest. So whoever suggests something that 1)
goes towards improving Builder for GNOME development 2) shows the
ability to follow through on their goals, will most likely get my vote
of confidence.

-- Christian