Re: [Builder] Emacs mode and keybindings

On 03/03/2015 10:18 AM, Christian Hergert wrote:
On 03/02/2015 11:44 PM, Alexander Larsson wrote:
If you make the edit mode "modal", like:

bind "escape" { "set-mode" ("vim-command", modal) };

Then the binding set for the mode will steal all the key events until
you unset the mode.

For those that are curious, I've been implementing this over the last
day, and it is wonderful.

Some things are still going to be a bit annoying to implement, but the
vast majority flows together well.

Very declarative, and very easy to see what we support and what we don't
(yet). Also, its going to be many thousands of lines removed in exchange
for few lines that non-C programmers can contribute to.

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-builder/plain/data/keybindings/vim.css?h=wip/libide

Getting this done is one of the last major features I broke in the
process of getting libide ready. Getting this in place will allow me to
start plumbing stuff back into the UI after my 4 week tangent (yay!)

I owe everyone an update on what's been going on, I'll get to that soon.

-- Christian