Re: [Builder] Problem with jhbuild

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 2:07 PM, <kmsiete gmail com> wrote:
Yeah, I'm trying to build builder on osx using jhbuild, but I have those problems; also I try it on fedora, and it happends the same with some packages.

  Mensaje original
De: Christian Hergert

On 06/26/2015 10:22 AM, Miguel Angel Castillo wrote:
> I 'm trying to build gnome builder using jhbuild but when it downloads
> the dependencies, in some packages give me the next error:
>
> *** Error during phase checkout of libxml2: downloaded file size is
> incorrect (expected 5444991, got 14364) *** [14/24]
>
> *** Error during phase checkout of libxml2: downloaded file size is
> incorrect (expected 5444991, got 12312) *** [14/24]
>
> is this a bug of jhbuild?, also I try to build it again but it does not
> download the packages again.

That sounds like a bug in the jhbuild module set or an issue with your
network connection. Being that you got two different sizes from two
different requests suggests the latter.

I see that you CC'd gtk-osx-devel-list, are you trying on OS X by
chance? (I don't think anyone has tested if that works).

I did about two months ago, and it did work. I will eventually try to include it in gtk-osx's jhbuild module set. It needs WebKit2 which never built before on OSX and requires a lot of patches, so I am in the torturous process of upstreaming those right now.

For those interested, I've put up a work-in-progress branch on Github, at https://github.com/ptomato/gtk-osx-build/tree/wip/builder
Note that you need to install llvm using homebrew.

I've never seen the problem with libxml2 before, so I'd tend to agree it's a problem with the connection.

Regards,
--
Philip