[Builder] XML editor for GtkBuilder files

Hi,

I think what would be nice is a specialized XML editor for GtkBuilder
files. In short, take the good parts of Glade, but the main view would
be the XML file, with auto-completion etc.

To have an overview of the GtkBuilder file and to navigate in it easily,
there would be a side panel with the structure, like in Glade. With a
context menu on right click to e.g. insert a new parent container,
delete the element, etc.

With the XML file we are more sure that it contains what we want. With a
WYSIWYG interface, some stuff can be done accidentally without noticing
it. And since the commit diff can be really big (new parent container ->
everything is re-indented), sometimes some changed properties are
sneaked in [1].

Also, with the XML editor, new widgets would be supported automatically
(at least for the completion).

What do you think? Note that I don't plan to work on that myself (at
least not anytime soon), it's just a thought after using Glade recently.

Sébastien

[1] Side note, now when we scroll over a spinbutton, it changes its
value. In the right-side panel of Glade, for example in the Common tab,
there are many spinbuttons, so when we scroll in that area it changes
all spinbutton values, great… At least in the XML file we have more
control.