Does data verification after burn happen automatically?

How exactly does Brasero verify data after burns?

If I go to edit > plugins and select "File Checksum" and set it to SHA1. Will Brasero now automatically (at the end of the burning process) calculate the SHA1 for each and every file that was burned to CD and then compare it with the SHA1 of the corresponding file that exists on the HDD? If the two SHA1 comparisons do not match, then Brasero will kick up a dialog window alerting me?

Do I understand how this works correctly? as long as the plugin is enabled this SHA1 comparison happens automatically as part of the burning process?