Re: Brasero and SOC 2009

Luis Medinas wrote:
On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 08:47 +0100, Denis Leroy wrote:
Luis Medinas wrote:
Hi

So the Google Summer of Code is back again. I think we can probably
propose some interesting project to improve Brasero.

Any Ideas or any work you think it's apropriate for Brasero ?
Well in the back of my mind I always thought how cool it would be to port gcdmaster into brasero. Gcdmaster (the cdrdao gui front-end) offers a visual display of audio tracks and a more complete interface for audio CD mastering. However it's written in C++, and it doesn't use gstreamer. I never got around to it by lack of time really...

You mean using Brasero libraries ? That needs to wait until we have
media and burning done (for 2.28).

For the burning itself, I think it can use the existing brasero backends no? I'm talking more about the GUI integration.

In the new audio project window, we could add a tab that shows the selected tracks in much the same way gcdmaster does, i.e. by showing the WAV graph. This has some advantages: you'll immediately spot a louder track that needs to be normalized, or you can cut away gaps of noise/silence between tracks...