RE: Brasero Documentation

I see I have commit rights.  I went ahead and pushed the changes for the
introduction.  Please check them out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Bull [mailto:philbull gmail com]
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 4:23 AM
To: Milo Casagrande
Cc: Andrew Stabeno; Brasero List
Subject: RE: Brasero Documentation

Hi Milo,

[I'm copying brasero-list, please use this list for discussing the
Brasero documentation from now on.]

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 20:08 +0100, Milo Casagrande wrote:
> > Thanks for volunteering to work on the Brasero documentation. I've
> > created a branch on Launchpad which we can use to keep track of
> > everything [1].
>
> As soon as I get back home from the Ubuntu-it meeting I'll check it out.

I've created a team on Launchpad and added you to it, so you should now
be able to make commits to the branch.

> > At the moment, the branch contains five items:
> >
> >       * Some patches to get gnome-doc-utils set up for Brasero (ignore
> >         these)
> >       * legal.xml, which is the license for the documentation
> >       * brasero.xml, which is where all of the action will take place
> >
> > Just so that we have one, I've chosen the CC-BY-SA-2.5 license [2].
> > Please let me know if you're uncomfortable with this license and we can
> > discuss what to use instead.
>
> Just one small concern, not with CC though... is the license compatible
> with GNOME?
> If I'm not wrong GNOME use GFDL, is it compatible with them? Or we can
> use both?

That's a good point. On further investigation, it seems that Debian
won't distribute CC-BY-SA [1]. However, they don't distribute GFDL
either; any ideas?

> > Now for the fun stuff:
> >
> >       * The documentation should conform to GNOME rather than Ubuntu
> >         guidelines, so please take a look at the GDP Style Guide [3].
>
> That's not a problem... I've worked with Seahorse documentation and did
> some patches for other docs...
>
> >       * We need to decide what to cover, how to structure the material
> >         and how to divide up the work.
> >       * If you haven't already, you need to install Brasero...
>
> I'm using the 0.7 version... :)
>
> > It might be a good idea for someone to create a new page on
> > live.gnome.org, which can be used for planning the document.
>
> Using the Brasero master page and creating a sub-page or a user page?
> Mine is MiloCasagrande in l.g.o

A sub-page off the main Brasero page would be best, I think. I've
created a page here, please add to it as necessary [2].

> As it's going to be a GNOME manual, we should follow their structure...
>
> - Introduction
>   - What the program is about
>   - What it can do
> - Getting Started