Re: Language execution speeds or "The Fibonacci Stats"

   Hi!

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 01:13:32AM +0100, Tim Janik wrote:
Hey Stefan,

following our discussion last week, I thought it'd be useful to have at least a
light comparison of different scripting/programming languages available. Just to
put decisions against Guile, for Python or for Javascript (or C++ at the BSE
core) into perspective performance wise.

While you're at it, there are two more JITs you could benchbark:
 - PyPy for Python
 - LuaJIT for Lua

Stefan Westerfeld, http://space.twc.de/~stefan